Gymnastic games are the best opportunity for both you and your baby to warm up playfully and have lots of fun together. The baby is too young of course, but when you turn up a merry melody and start performing the movements and dancing and singing by yourself, your little one will be involved and surely join you. Don’t worry if the baby does not perform the movements properly. Later on, when he gets older, he will master them and you will be able to complicate the movements and add more new ones.
You can sing the songs using ribbons, rattles, scarves, pompons, etc. You are free to use your imagination and compose any music to the words.
Up, up, up
Up, up, up,
Raise both arms to the ceiling.
Jump up higher,
Jump up with the arms up.
Raise your hands up.
Sit down and lift both legs off the floor.
Move arms and legs for some period of time and when your baby learns them, add other body parts to the activity.
Sing the verses as many times as you wish. To make the activity even more funny take any favorite toy and dance together with it (this trick will also help you involve the little one if he doesn’t want to join you. But if he still doesn’t want to, don’t force him, let him just watch you dancing and singing and he will surely join you some time later).
You should know
– These movements are a kind of massage for the baby.
– The baby learns about the concepts up-down-around.
– Positive emotions are very important for the baby’s healthy emotional state development.
– You will spend merry time together and strengthen warm relationships between you.
– Read about influence of rhymes on baby’s development.