How often recycled items get into our “bins”. They suddenly appear from nowhere and you just can’t throw them into the trash. If you have such items in your house you can make recycled arts and crafts with the kids like these stands for Easter chicken.
When decorating this way, you create a beautiful “fluffy” stand. Here’s how you can easily and quickly make this crafts with your child.
The purpose of the stands: for children’s spring and summer crafts.
– 2 protecting packaging inserts;
– light green and yellow material (disposable tablecloth);
– some green crepe paper;
– a wooden stick with a sharp end;
– zig zag scissors;
– PVA glue (it is better to take “Universal”).
How to decorate the stands
1. Cut the material into long strips 2.5 cm wide with the zig zag scissors. Due to an uneven edge you get additional volume.
2. Cut the squares from stripes.
3. Apply glue on the sides of the stand and with the help of the sharp end of the wooden stick “screw in” the material. Place the blanks from the material as close to each other as possible.
4. Decorate this way all the sides of the stand and let them dry.
5. Finally, decorate the top edges of the stand.
That’s how the finished stand looks.
6. You can decorate the second stand using two type of material: yellow and light green.
7. Complete the stand for chicken with the grass made of green crepe paper. Not unrolling the rolled paper, cut off strips with a width of no more than 0.5 cm with the help of zig zag scissors When unfolding the strips you will get “grass”.
8. Fill the stand with the “grass”.
Stands for children’s crafts are ready! And your child will gladly put his chicken or colored eggs into them!
There are lots of ideas how you can use these bright stands: for Easter eggs, spring and summer flowers, for ladybirds, etc.